It was a relatively small one, but a bash none the less. All done in typical culinary nerd fashion as has become our tradition. =]
Nothing less than that rarely ever happens when everyone from school gets together. We cook WAY more food than we can all physically think of eating, play card games, watch movies, and enjoy one anothers company.
This time was no exception. We made (too much) Irish Stew which was delicious, the most amazingly delicious (despite the weird ingredients) cocktail wieners, and lime curd cupcakes that turned out to be quite dramatic but very tasty. We then proceeded to eat less than half of it throughout the night.
Everybody likes leftovers, right?
We had a few small hiccups in the ease of the evening, but nothing we couldn't handle. =] There was no blood (aside from the lamb that went into our stew) and no fires, so we chalked it up to a fantastic evening!!
Besides, even if there were, I couldn't have been blamed because "the lepricans made me do it" ...at least thats what my shirt said anyway... =]
This night was also special because it was a St. Patricks Spa Night. Pedicures, manicures and facials were the main order of the night. (aside from the food, obviously)
Best friends
Cooking in the kitchen...
"Oh, thanks for getting a chip with dip for me..."
The dramatic cupcakes...
Kat, Melissa, Me, James
It is getting harder every day to come to terms with the fact that I really am leaving my life here behind in just over a week. Change is never an easy thing to deal with and apparently my coping strategy isn't working...oh wait, what strategy?! How would one even going about having a strategy for the best way to leave the place they have lived for the last three years? I don't even know where to start. Every time I start to think about it I can't handle it. I know it wasn't this hard the last time my life changed drastically...
Thursday, March 19, 2009
St. Patricks Day Bash
Posted by Anonymous at 2:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment