Saturday, May 16, 2009

Adventures in Cake

I was asked to make a toilet cake for a goodbye party for the janitor of Butler Middle School. I have never carved a cake before, so this was a bit sketchy in the beginning, but it turned out REALLY awesome. And they called me back and ordered more stuff for next week!!



It is hard...btw to hold a toilet cake and keep it from collapsing or tipping over while sitting on the floor of a van while driving on the freeway...


I made this chocolate fudge cake for the baptism of my favorite "niece" Abby. Everything on it is edible except for the wires in the roses on top. =]

The whole cake
Detail of the top
Gum Paste Rose Detail

As I keep adding to the list of cakes I am working on, I would love any new challenges that might come my way!

0 comments: