Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kindergarten or College???

So, I am officially ready for August to be over and hopefully take my apparently bad juju with it. Leaving most of the juju unspoken of, there are a few things I have to address. First, my apparent need to touch all things hot…at least once.

I like fire. Most everyone already knows that. But why touch hot things?!? I guess it is better than cutting myself though. Tonight, the object of heat that I apparently felt the need to touch would have to be hot sugar. DO NOT TOUCH HOT SUGAR!!!! If you have never been burned by sugar, imagine this superglue, only about 240°F +. Not fun. It molds to your skin and you can’t get it off. Therefore, I am currently sitting here, typing with 1 ½ hands while the other half occasionally sits in milk. It’s weird, I know, but it takes the heat out of burns.

However, the burns were outshined tonight by the play dough, lincoln logs and cocoa puffs of tonight’s class. We made marzipan flowers (the play dough) and chocolate meringue pieces (the logs) that tasted like cocoa puffs. There were only five of us in class, so it was a lot like our own private kindergarten class. Probably one of the best so far this quarter. There was also the dropping of the cake frosting side on the cake board, so it was a good thing the top was covered in ganache, because it was easily salvageable and quite entertaining!

Hopefully playing in LA with Tiffany this weekend and going to see Wicked will help right things again!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Twenty-four short hours til party time!