Friday, August 22, 2008

Vader Has Been Vanquished...

I should be doing homework right now, but I can’t. I am too excited. And that doesn’t even begin to cover it!! I have been sitting on this information for about three weeks, and I am very impressed with myself that I have not said anything sooner. It pays to have instructors like you because you find out all sorts of things about the school that students aren’t supposed to know about.

Our Academic Director, Chef Hendrickson is leaving!!! He has been fired/quit, no one will really commit to an answer on that one. Regardless, I don’t care why all I care about it that he is leaving!!

Don’t get me wrong, he is a nice guy. But that was also the problem. He was too nice to everyone. He did not know how to put his foot down and say no to people, so nothing really ever got accomplished, but instead more drawn out and worse off than it was to begin with. Bottom line is that he just wasn’t right for this school. I am not sure what he is going to do when he leaves other than move back to South Carolina to be with his family. I do know however that he is not being transferred. I wish him the best with whatever he decides to do after leaving, but I can’t really say I am going to miss him.

They are currently interviewing possible candidates, some in house and some from outside, so we will see what happens with that.

Bottom line is we are starting over. And that makes me happy. That and the fact that I am on course to graduate in two quarters. I will not have a life during those six months, but I will be graduating in March!! =]

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay for progress, both on the administrative and graduation fronts!