I woke up this morning to an inbox full of emails that I should have responded to immediately, but I instead turned off the computer, went back upstairs, crawled into bed with the current book I am reading to avoid all responsibility.
This book reading was also intermittently sprinkled with a fabulous conversation with one of my favorite people in the world about single tribe dwelling islands and the ritual sacrifice of a palm tree at sunset once a month. That however could be another story in and of itself.
Anyways…
So, I am reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and I am loving it! It has been a really long time since I have read a book that I felt was written about reflections of my life. The settings between my life and the book are not anywhere close to similar, nor are there a lot of parallels between life situations. Regardless of all of this however, this book speaks to me.
It is hard for me to give examples because they speak to me in a way that others may not understand because it will be speaking to them too. I actually think this is the type of book that will mean something different to me in every life-stage I happened to read it. Love, laughs, direction and a bit of insight into my psyche have almost been therapeutic.
After escaping for a while I had to get back to real life and all of the issues going on with…everything… I am so ready to be able to just take my day off and relax. Not that this will ever truly happen, but eventually, for a little while at least, there will be no papers to write, homework to do or bridges to save while others try to burn them down.
Oh, and p.s. papercuts on a toe hurts. Just in case you were wondering…
Monday, November 17, 2008
A day of...
Posted by Anonymous at 10:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I love you SO much!!!
Post a Comment