Thursday, November 20, 2008

Written Yet Incomplete

Waking up this morning was not unlike most mornings, alarm goes off and I listen to it (it is set to radio), still half asleep, until I decide to get up and get ready for the day.

Today though I woke up to the beginning of this hauntingly beautiful song that I knew that I knew but didn’t know all at the same time. I didn’t really remember any of the words, but I remembered the tune and proceeded to hum it all day almost to the annoyance of everyone around me.

I finally came home and looked up the radio station website and their song archive for the day, where I found my song: Leave Out All the Rest by Linkin Park. I then had to find it on Youtube.



This song was released last year, so it’s not like it is new. I have heard it over and over again on the radio without ever hearing it, so why today?

I don’t have an answer for that question that I can easily explain. The voices and I agree that it makes complete sense inside my head, but I wanted to get it out on paper so I wouldn’t forget it. So far I have only been able to scratch the surface and settle for a very inadequate description of my thoughts.

It’s not just the melody anymore, but the words that have taken hold. They were part of it all along, I just didn’t grasp all of the pieces the first time which is why I had to do more searching to understand. I think the lyrics are the important part, but I needed the melody as the “buzzword” to remember why it was important.

You might hear it and find something for yourself that is different than what I found. Or it might be the same. Maybe it’s the same but slightly different because of what life has taught us. Because of what life has put us through. Maybe it is all about perspective.

Maybe that’s the point.

Maybe that explains it all, but at the same time it leaves out all the rest.

1 comments:

Jefe said...

It is a good song huh? It's weird how a random song can come to have so much meaning sometimes.