One of my favorite restaurants for breakfast just happens to be The Coffee Cup in Boulder City, NV. Now, if you have ever been there you know what I am talking about. If you don't then you should come visit me and I will take you. I am rambling about this restaurant because they make the BEST peanut butter waffles I have ever had. They don't need syrup or anything, they are that good. I would also consider eating them for dessert.
I think about these waffles often (weird), but I don't always take the time to drive out there to eat them. However, I had a particularly big craving for them today, so I decided I would make some of my own. It was then that I encountered a speed bump that rapidly turned into a large road block in my quest for peanut butter waffleness...I don't own a waffle iron.
(gasp!)
So, alas I had to settle for peanut butter whole wheat pancakes instead. Still delicious, but definitely not waffles.
Something else that I feel should be pointed out is the fact that I don't usually like breakfast foods. Well, let me rephrase that. I LOVE eggs, bacon, hash browns (you can never go wrong with potato anything), etc...but not generally the bread/pastry stuff. Crepes and French toast are the very large exception.
I am not really thinking about this as I am making pancakes until they are almost done and I am reflecting on how often I have made pancakes in the last...yeah. I could count the times on one hand.
That is why I felt this special occasion deserved to be mentioned. As I am sitting here finishing the last of my pancakes they are beginning to get cold--definitely not the warm, fluffy, nearly-round, and aromatic art that they were about 10 minutes ago--I am thinking about a satisfied craving that might have to be repeated in the future. That or I need to buy a waffle iron.
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Waffle Inspirations
Posted by Anonymous at 6:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment