It has been a really long time since I have had an extremely physically demanding project to work on, but that all changed this weekend.
My dad's side of the family has a cabin near Brighton Ski Resort. I love that place!! There are so many memories! The cabin is, however, falling into disrepair. The blame for that is family wide after years and years of neglect, but thankfully so is the responsibility for fixing it. =] That is what this weekend was mostly all about.
The kitchen needed some huge repairs. Well, lets be honest, everything needs to be torn out and we need to start over, however we don't have that kind of time right now. So we opted for temporary fixing as best we could.
Surprise, surprise, but the cousins landed this job because the adults weren't really thrilled about painting. I think this turned out good though, because we had an entire day of prep and repair work before we could even think about painting. Chris and I spearheaded the team, got all of the supplies, all of the food, and did most of the prep work. There were so many cracks to be repaired and walls to clean, let it all dry...ya know. It was fun!!
Throughout the course of the weekend we saw almost all of the cousins at one point or another, some being immensely more helpful than others, but it was still good to see everyone. I just hope the not helping but still showing up to watch everyone work doesn't become a habit. Not only did we paint and such, but we also studied for and leaned to "hate" (just like Jessica promised us) law and the upcoming paralegal exam...talk about multitasking. =]
We also took midnight to two or three am card game playing breaks. It just wouldn't be "normal" without them.
Long story short, we got it all done in three and a half days!! And, if I do say so myself, it looks pretty much AMAZING!!! I am glad it is over (I slept for almost 24 hours after I got home), but it was completely worth it!!
This was before we had done anything.
Trying to channel Michelangelo...
Chris was a bit tall...
It was very dusty...
After repairs, before painting...
Chair, chair, ladder, on top of fridge...whatever works...
Josh working his painting magic...
Tiffany worked her way into a corner...
Jessica and one set of her totally cool law flashcards...
The finished kitchen
The finished hallway
The cool new stovelight we installed!!
Monday, July 6, 2009
4th of July Cabin Weekend
Posted by Anonymous at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment