Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Addiction and Harry Potter

Although interestingly enough this is not about the fact that I could be...maybe...addicted to Harry Potter...maybe...

("OMG!!! Its Harry Potter!!! Can I take your picture!?!?")

Yes a part of me was afraid for my life...

Moving on.

I don't know how many other people watch So You Think You Can Dance, but I do. I love to watch the creativity of the dancers and choreographers in the many routines that are performed. I guess you could say I dance vicariously through them.

This has to be one of my favorite routines of this current season. Mia Michaels is an amazing choreographer!! Kayla and Kupono do a fabulous job portraying the story of this routine. Its about addiction. Kayla is the addict and Kupono is the thing she is trying to quit--whatever it may be--but she can't. It still gives me goose bumps when I watch it. Love it!!!



Also, went to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince last night at midnight. We had a lot of fun, but... I loved the movie in a lot of ways, but in a lot of others it was a letdown. The Burrow doesn't burn down--the wedding is crashed!! What wedding? OMG I guess we left it out. Where did all of the action in this book go?!?! Where was the huge battle in the castle at the end? The bad guys don't just walk out without a fight!! There is a huge fight and people get hurt and others die!! Things that are important for the final book!! GRRRRR... I mean, to leave things out because it slows down a movies plot is fine, but to leave really important parts out because you want the Pope to like and endorse the movie? Please. Because of this they are going to have to alter the final movies and I am really not sure how much I really am OK with that. I guess that doesn't matter though, because my endorsement means nothing next to the Pope. Whatever.

I can only hope that maybe they filmed the scenes and that they might appear on a special addition DVD later. Regardless, it was a fun movie to watch and I will probably go see it again.

0 comments: