So, I love conventions. I love the chaos. The people. The entertainment. The raffles. The free stuff. They wear me out, because I try to do everything probably, but they are just so exciting I can't help it!!
Two local radio stations here in Vegas, Mix94.1 and 100.5JackFM host a "Girls Day Out" every year, I think this was year six, where vendors get together to sponsor girlie stuff. There were hair salons doing hair, massage places offering massages and selling packages, food vendors, vacations places...you get the idea. Anyway, the company I am doing my internship with, Cheesecake and Crime had a booth there selling cheesecake samples, books and the new salsa we are carrying. We gave away 200 lbs of cheesecake today!!! It was crazy! This lady came back close to eight times...eventually I lost count but every time I turned around she was there. Odd. Then there was the lady that went around at the end of the show and collected as many of the balloons as she could to her wheelchair. Pam and I were laughing, with my camera ready just in case the next balloon cause the wheelchair to go airborne. Awesome.
The true indicator that you are at a smaller convention in Vegas centered around the Vegas locals was evident in the entertainment. I am pretty sure that there are very few other conventions which the boys from Thunder From Down Under were the main attraction and not far behind them were the pole dancing demonstrations and then how to classes. While it was fun and interesting, it is defiantly not something you would see at any other convention.
The other best and most exciting part of the adventure was trying to get out of the casino. After the convention was over we went to eat at one of the restaurants in the casino. When we had all finished eating and were trying to get back to the car.
We thought, if we go up the first set of escalators rather than the ones we came down it will still get us back to the car. WRONG!! Long story short, we took a 20 minute scenic tour of the service hallways and casino floors of the Southpoint Casino before finally ending up outside where we walked into the car garage along with all of the cars driving in. I am pretty sure we could have been walking in circles around where we needed to be the whole time and never even known.It is defiantly something to remember.
I don't know if it was the close proximity of the timing, the difference in the atmosphere or just the convention scene itself, but it makes me realize again how much I miss LDSBA. I miss the people, most of whom know me and have known me since I was...really young...and I still don't know who they are. =] LDSBA is next week and I am really sad that I wont be able to attend any of it this year, but that makes me even more excited about being able to go next year!!
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Girls Day Out
Posted by Anonymous at 7:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
A Girls Day Out convention!?!?! It is like my dream come true! I so wish I had been there.
Post a Comment