So…I was home for a week and I didn’t get to see nearly as many people as I wanted to, but I still got a lot accomplished. =] Here are some of the highlights...
We had a Peck Family Night Open Plunge at our pool which was really fun! It was fun to see everyone and interesting to tread water for two hours while playing lifeguard for all of my cousins that have no idea how to swim. Teach your children how to swim!! My children (when I have them) will all learn how to swim. They won’t have to love it, but they will know how to do it.
Then I went out to Stansbury Park to see Brenda, Abby and Caleb (Bryan was out of town). Abby was the Lead Flower (in yellow)in her 2nd grade school play so I went to watch. It was pretty cute and fun to see them again. It was also fun to play on the Wii with them. =] We don't see each other nearly enough as we should.
On Friday Chris, Jessica, Tamilyn, Matt, Porter and I all drove up to catch the BYU vs. USU football game with Marli. We had a blast!! Pizza and FHzookie at Firehouse and then football with family was the best!! The game got a bit scary for a while, but BYU pulled it out in the end so I was happy. It was also sooo good to see Marli again. It has been way to long since we have hung out, so it was really good to catch up. =]

Porter and Matt
Porter's First Football Game

The bulk of my time was spent at the cabin and oh the joys of the cabin!! The weather forecast predicted snow, so what do we do? We go anyways!! Duh. Besides the one to two feet of snow that was forecast turn into one inch…and it happened the day we were leaving.
I think I had perfect timing in planning this trip. The canyon is so beautiful right now because the leaves began to change less than a week ago. It is so refreshing to see the seasons (Vegas really only has two—hot and cold…) again. I have missed them.
We have this rock behind our cabin that even today is still big, but when we were little it was the BIG rock. There have been many games and happenings on the rock, including getting stuck in the crack in the center… but why dwell on the past? Besides, I only did it to make five bucks. That was a lot of money back then…and I guess today as well. =] Well, we had to go up to the rock and check it out again. Thinking back about it, none of us could ever remember climbing it in the rain and it was a bit slippery. But we did it anyways…and got really wet…but no one died so overall it was a successful trip.
"Smile...That means I wanna see your face!!"
We ate well; played lots of Nurtz and other card games and “I’ve Never…” read a bunch and got a bit domestic and just hung out. It was really good to be together again. It makes me so excited for next spring when I will be home again and we can do this more often!!


Porter wasn't a huge fan of the snow...
I love the serenity of the mountains and being at the cabin. I didn't spend as much time as normal outside while I was here because it was cold, but it was quite and beautiful and I tried to capture as much of that as I could in pictures to share with anyone that loves and/or misses the mountains.



Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Fall Break in Utah
Posted by Anonymous at 6:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
A. I STILL didn't get to see you.
B. Firehouse is amazing.
C. You are neat.
We LOVED your visit, and yes we don't get together enough! Also, you've been tagged...go to my blog to see the details. Love ya!
Post a Comment