Sunday, September 21, 2008

100 Things I Am Grateful For

1. My parents. They are my support. Without them I wouldn’t be here and wouldn’t be the person I am today. They have always believed in me, even when I didn’t believe in myself. Thank you.
2. My brother Kyle. We didn’t always get along, but we are friends and I love him and miss him!
3. My cousins. My best friends and hours of fun guaranteed, even sitting on my kitchen floor at one in the morning. I love you guys!!
4. The rain and the smell it leaves behind.
5. My new/old ward. It is good to be back and see people I know and meet all of the new people that have moved in since I have been gone.
6. My entire extended family. We are scattered all over the world, but we still find time to see one another to make sandcastles, place the nurtz until someone ends up under the table and maybe kiss a Blarney stone or two… =]
7. Books. I love reading!!
8. Living in and being an American.
9. Having my voice count.
10. Photography!! My first loved and possibly my favorite art form.
11. Music. It makes life a bit more entertaining.
12. College football
13. Modern technology. It makes things so much easier!! (most of the time)
14. My cats. I miss them like crazy!!
15. Cookies. They are so tasty and very easy to ship…which is especially good for Kyle =]
16. Swimming. So much fun and there is always the getting a tan perk that goes along with it.
17. My cousin Tiffany. We both talk each other into the most crazy yet fun and memorable things. The most recent being driving to LA for a day, seeing Wicked and almost losing her shoes out to sea…
18. Tennis. My personal sport of choice to play.
19. The mountains. I miss them and return to visit every chance I get!!
20. Dancing around my house while I clean and no one is watching
21. Getting a good education. The knowledge I have gained through school is priceless (despite its high price tag).
22. My experiences in Europe. They have helped shape me as a person and opened up a lot of opportunities I might not have had otherwise.
23. Rolling thunder…I have yet to find a better place to experience it than at the cabin.
24. Peaches
25. All of my grandparents. They have taught me so much about my ancestors and have helped me see where some of my funny quirks come from
26. Knowing that my Savior loves me, not matter what
27. My parents’ garden. It is fun to visit and eat all of the yummy food that comes out of it.
28. The cabin and all of the fun times that happen therein…
29. Springtime. It is a time of new beginnings and is just so beautiful!!
30. My cell phone. It helps me stay in contact with everyone I love even though we all live so far apart
31. College basketball
32. Chinese food—I can never get enough of it!!
33. Singing in my car at the top of my lungs and letting people be jealous as they watch =]
34. Coach Packer for being a great mentor.
35. Vacations. They allow you to escape reality for even just a little while.
36. Sunsets
37. Massages…worth every penny
38. Bubble baths. With or without a good book…although it is better with. =]
39. Playing in the sand at the beach
40. James. Without whom I would never have made it through school
41. Soup
42. Indoor plumbing.
43. My friends. We don’t see each other all the time, but we support each other in everything and still find time to talk on the phone.
44. Museums. They are so fun to wander in and learn about…almost anything
45. Facials
46. Being able to express myself through my cooking, my writing and through my photography.
47. Road trips…memories like you would not believe
48. My mattress. It is amazing!
49. The new perfume I just got!!
50. Clean clothes
51. My favorite quilt and fleece blankets
52. Babies. They are so cute!!
53. Cereal
54. Chris and Jessica. They indulge in my weird late night…well anything
55. Fresh fruits and vegetables…we don’t always get the best here in Vegas…
56. Being able to sleep in occasionally.
57. Makeovers
58. Missionaries
59. Getting my hair done by someone other than me…it’s just fun!
60. Peas. Especially fresh from the garden
61. Yummy smelling candles
62. All of my “extended family”. We aren’t related but we are family none the less. You have all influenced my life in ways I could never begin to express gratitude for
63. Watching my to do list shrink
64. Airplanes
65. My iPod. Music and audio books on hand whenever I want!!
66. Email
67. New shoes
68. Matt and Ashley. They are the sensible ones that bring all of us back to reality when we get too crazy, but not before we have a good time with it
69. Flowers. Their just so pretty!!
70. Italian food—yay pasta!
71. Chef Anderson and Chef Batchelder. For encouraging me and pushing me to be the best I can be. They believed in me when I really didn’t want to believe in myself, but knew I should.
72. Hiking
73. Fire
74. Being able to vote!!
75. Camping!! I love being outdoors!
76. Chocolate.
77. The snow…but usually only in moderation =]
78. Eating out. I love experiencing good and innovative food from the most up and coming chefs.
79. Dancing in the rain
80. New clothes
81. Musicals…they are just so happy!!
82. Air conditioning. Especially in Las Vegas
83. My car. It makes life so much easier.
84. LeAdelle. She is conquering battles with grace and strength. She knows we are here to support her and with that she is out to beat MS, whatever it takes
85. Feeling accomplished when I complete things
86. History. Learning from their experiences
87. My testimony and the ability for it to grow
88. Homework. I know it is weird, but I am learning a lot and without the homework I wouldn’t have the coolest restaurant project ever!!
89. My computer. It is so very convenient and portable =]
90. The chance I have to fulfill my dreams and chart my own destiny
91. Family reunions
92. My Grandma Weston. For showing strength through all her trials and for loving her family more than anything else
93. Porter—the cutest baby I am related to
94. Long walks…not necessarily on the beach
95. Every opportunity that crosses my path, whether I take it or not
96. A good book, a warm quilt and a mug of hot chocolate on a snowy day.
97. My graduation countdown!!
98. Fresh fruit and yogurt smoothies
99. Everyone I have ever known and everywhere I have ever been because these experiences have shaped me into the person I am today.
100. All of you that take the time to read my blog. It isn’t much, but it is a piece of me and I am grateful that you think I am cool enough to read it. =]

What are you greatful for??

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you just feel satisfied and content now? Speaking about crazy adventures, I have two words for you: Mardi Gras.