Its hard to be in a place and not feel like you really belong. I have felt like this more and more in the last year or so with regards to my ward. I never found my place there, or a lot of friends there. The people are wonderful, but we never go close.
They realigned my stake this last week and I am once again changing wards (4th time in 2 years). Today I went back to my old ward and for the first time in a long time I felt like I belonged there. I can't even begin to describe the feelings other than it was somewhat like going home again.
I felt today like this is exactly what I needed to pick me up and help me get through the next few months of craziness and I am excited to strengthen the relationships that were newly rekindled.
I am also excited about the direction the ward is headed and all of the fun things they have scheduled for the rest of the year. Especially the 40 day fast for missionary work that starts tomorrow. =] We each (or multiple people) taking a day to fast to bring missionary opportunities to our ward and ward members. I am looking forward to all the oportunities that this ward and those in it will bring into my life.
Belonging feels good. Really good.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Somewhere you belong
Posted by Anonymous at 11:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yay for belonging! Yesterday was a good day, wasn't it?
You ALWAYS belong with us! Love you!
Post a Comment