We decided to offer a wine to those that are interested with our dinner this weekend. We wanted to offer a plum wine because it is a classic Japanese wine and will pair well with all of the dishes we are making so we only have to pick one. Chef Bernard was willing to pick it up as long as it was at the liquor store near his house. So I called to find out...
Salesperson 1: Hello. Lee's Liquor. How may I help you?
Me: Hi. I am looking for plum wine. Do you know what brands you carry?
Salesperson 1: Your looking for what?
Me: Plum wine.
Salesperson 1: What's that?
Me: Wine made from plums...
Salesperson 1: Could you spell that please?
Me: !? P. L. U. M.
Salesperson 1: P. L. O.
Me: No! P.L.U.M...you know the fruit? Its purple...
Salesperson 1: Oh...Plum wine. I don't know, let me check.
HOLD MUSIC...
Salesperson 1: Yeah, we have that.
Me: What brands do you have?
Salesperson 1: I don't know. There were two.
Me: What brands were they?
Salesperson 1: I don't remember.
Me: Did you have the Kinsen?
Salesperson 1: Let me check............. No. We don't have that one.
Me: Do you have the Fu-Ki?
.........
Salesperson 2: Hello. What are you looking for?
Me: Fu-Ki Plum Wine.
Salesperson 2: Can you spell that please?
Me: F. U. - K. I.
Salesperson 2: Oh, yes. We have that one.
Me: How much does it cost?
Salesperson 2: I don't know...Let me check...
HOLD MUSIC
etc.........
Best conversation ever. James and Chef were practically rolling on the floor laughing and I was having a really hard time not laughing in their ear. It definitely made my night a little better. =]
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Could You Spell That Please...
Posted by Anonymous at 11:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment